Batch Create Grade Columns
Instructors can create multiple grade columns all at once using a one-page form. Access the Batch Create Grade Columns tool in the Manage menu of the Full Grade Center display. To use the Batch Delete Grade Columns tool, first turn it on in a Blackboard course. Please use caution when deleting grade columns. Step-by-step instructions are below.
Create multiple grade columns with a one-page form
- Navigate to the Grade Center, Full Grade Center.
- Put your cursor on the blue Manage menu.
- Select Batch Create Grade Columns. [View screenshot]
- Enter the number of columns you would like to create. Click Submit.
- The only required fields are the Column Name and Points Possible. We recommend selecting Score as the Primary Display Type (grade format that students will see). You can also select a Category and set a Due Date and time if desired. [View screenshot]
The columns will appear on the right side of the Full Grade Center display. They are ready for grade entry and can be edited as needed.
Enable the Batch Delete Grade Columns tools in a Blackboard course
Delete multiple grade columns at once
NOTE: This tool does not allow deletion of columns linked to graded course items (assignments, tests, etc.) or any column set as External Grade (with the green checkmark).
After enabling the tool in a course:
- In the Full Grade Center view, put your cursor on the blue Manage menu.
- Select Batch Delete Grade Columns.
- Click the checkbox next to the columns to be deleted. Click Submit.
- A pop-up warning will appear, Are you sure you want to delete # columns?. To proceed click OK.
NOTE: This is the only warning you will see, even if grades have been entered in the selected columns.
- The selected columns will be completely deleted.