If you have course content copied from a previous semester use the Date Management tool to easily adjust all content dates and tool dates in your course. You can choose to adjust dates automatically or individually from one convenient location.
The first step for date management is to decide if you want the system to automatically adjust the course item dates to new dates. You can use a new course start date to shift all due dates for a new semester. Or specify the number of days you want to adjust all dates. You also have the option to review course dates and alter them one at a time.
For more information about Date Management, select from the following:
Select Date Adjustment Options
Navigate to the lower left Control Panel, select Course Tools, Date Management. You will see the following Select Date Adjustment Options: [View screenshot]
Use Course Start Date
Use this option when changing from one semester to another. The Current Start Date displays the date that the course is currently set to start. Click in the New box and enter the date when this new course is going to start. All dates in the course adjust by the number of days each date occurs after the start date.
Example: The original course started September 1 and there was an assignment due September 26, twenty-five days after the start date. If you adjust the new start date to January 12, the assignment is now due February 6, twenty-five days after the new start date.
Adjust by Number of Days
Use this option when you know exactly how many days you want to adjust dates by.
Type the number of days you want to adjust all dates in the course by. This is based on the dates that are currently set for each item in the course, not today's date.
Example: On June 1 you adjust dates by 30 days. The assignment that was set to be due September 1 is now due October 1.
Negative numbers move the dates back. Positive numbers move the dates forward.
List All Dates for Review
Use this option when you want to review dates before adjusting them in batches or one-by-one. Select this option to display a list of all content and tools with dates set on the Date Management Review page.
After selecting one of these options click Start in the lower right corner. This will start the Date Management process. It may take several minutes, you will receive an automatic email message when the process is finished. When the process is complete click Next to go to the Date Management Review page.
Date Management Review Page
This page displays all content and tools that have dates set in the course. Review all dates and adjust as appropriate.
- If you want to return to the first page and adjust dates automatically, click the Date Management link in the top left bar. The first page also shows when the Date Management process was last run.
- Click Refresh to refresh the current page if there have been changes made to the course since date management was last run.
- You can Filter your review by Item Type (Announcement, Assignment, Test, etc.) or by Date Type (Due Dates, Availability Dates, or Adaptive Release Dates).
- Select one, multiple, or all items in the list and click Adjust Dates to batch adjust dates. Indicate by how many days the selected item dates should be moved. A negative number will move the dates back. When finished click Go.
- Click NAME to sort the list by item name.
- To change a date for an item, click on the date or on the item's pencil icon on the right. Change the date and time, then click the green checkmark button to submit the change. If you change your mind and don't want to change it, click the arrow/cancel button instead.
- Review when items are made available. Under AVAILABILITY click STARTS or ENDS to sort the list by item availability start and end dates.
- Review the adaptive release dates for items. Under ADAPTIVE RELEASE click STARTS or ENDS to sort the list by adaptive release start and end dates.
- Navigate between pages if you have more items beyond those displayed on the first page. By default, each page displays 25 items.
Items Supported by Date Management
All items with dates set can be displayed and controlled through Date Management. This includes:
- Content (items, files, audio, etc.)
- Assessments (tests, surveys, assignments)
- Tools (discussions, blogs, journals, announcements, etc.)
- Manual grade columns
- Course and Organization tasks
Publisher content is shown on the Date Management Review page but you cannot adjust the dates of publisher content from this page.
Blackboard Collaborate Sessions
Blackboard Collaborate sessions start and end dates are not displayed or controlled through Date Management.
Source: Blackboard Help »