Resources to Get Started Teaching in Blackboard
Blackboard courses are automatically created for every section of every class that exists within Enroll & Pay. Instructors, Teaching Assistants and students are automatically populated to these courses according to information from the Enroll & Pay system. Updates in Blackboard happen within 24 hours of a change in Enroll & Pay (this includes adds and drops).
When new upcoming semester classes are available in Enroll & Pay and after scheduler access is turned off, the new Blackboard courses will be available to instructors. For the Summer and Fall semesters this generally happens in March. For the Spring semester this generally happens in October. An email is sent to Blackboard instructors with the exact date they will have access to the new semester courses in Blackboard. For any class which begins meeting before scheduler access is turned off please notify the Registrar’s Office.
Newly created Blackboard courses are blank. For information on copying content and/or building a course menu please see Starting with a Blank Course Site.
Blackboard courses are created as unavailable to the enrolled students. The instructor must make a Blackboard course available before the students can access materials in the course. For information on making a course available please see Course Availability.
Practice Course Requests
Faculty and staff can request a practice course shell to try out tools and features by completing the Blackboard Course Creation Request Form. Please note this form is formatted as an ‘order form’ but there is no charge. Be sure to click the Order Now button and then the Checkout button.
Access Your Course
- Go to courseware.ku.edu
- Click on the login button to log in with your KU Online ID.
- Enter your KU Online ID and password.
- Click on the course name under My Courses to go to your course’s home page.
- Add left menu buttons (for more information see Navigation Buttons) or scroll down to the lower left Control Panel menu to access Course Tools.
- To return to your list of Blackboard courses click the My Blackboard tab near the top of the screen.
- To log out, click the logout icon to the right of your name in the top right corner or close down your browser completely.
Source: Blackboard Help »