A Blackboard Assignment is a location for students to upload files for essays, papers or other types of assigned work. Assignments may be set to allow one or multiple attempts.
Upload an Assignment
- Navigate to the content area where the assignment is located, for example, the Assignments area.
- Click the name of the assignment.
- On the Upload Assignment page, review the instructions and download any files provided by your instructor and complete the assignment using one or both of the following:
- To upload a file, click Browse My Computer and select a file to attach. You can add a Link Title. If the box is left blank, the file name becomes the title. Follow any instructions that your instructor provided for naming your file.
- Most instructors prefer students to upload a document for an assignment. If your instructor allows text submission click the Write Submission button. This opens a textbox where you can type your response.
- If your instructor is using a rubric to grade the assignment, and has made it available, click the View Rubric button to view the rubric.
- If you selected an incorrect file, you can delete it by clicking Do not attach. If you have attached the same file more than once, the new file is saved with a number appended to the name. For example, "SW_Assignment(1).doc".
- If desired, type comments to your instructor in the Comments box.
- Click Submit.
- A success message appears, confirming the assignment submission. [View screenshot]
NOTE: When you finish uploading an assignment, you must click Submit. If you do not, your instructor will not receive your completed assignment.
NOTE: If your instructor has not allowed multiple attempts, you can submit assignments only once. Ensure that you have attached any required files to your assignment before you click Submit. If you submit without attaching a file, the instructor will need to clear your attempt before you can try again.
Click My Grades on the left toolbar and find the assignment name. If your assignment has not been graded, the assignment's row contains a symbol indicating its status. If your assignment has been submitted and graded, the grade appears in the assignment's row. To view more detail, click the assignment's title to Review Submission History page. [View screenshot]
The Review Submission History page includes:
- Instructor Feedback: This section lists your grade and any feedback provided by your instructor.
- Attached Files: This section provides links to open or download any files attached by you or your instructor. For example, your instructor might provide comments in a file that you submitted with your assignment.
NOTE: If your instructor used a rubric for grading and made it available to students, click View Rubric to display detailed grading information.
Reviewing a Graded Assignment Submission Inline
You can view your grade and any annotations your instructor made to your assignment submission directly from the assignment attempt without downloading the file. Click on the assignment name in My Grades to see all grade info and instructor feedback. [View screenshot]
Source: Blackboard Help »