Blackboard's Send Email tool allows you to send messages from within a Blackboard course to the KU email accounts of other course members without having to launch an external email program. Blackboard email is send-only and course specific. You can send emails to individual users or to a groups of users within a given course. Instructors control whether this option is available in each Blackboard course and whether students can send email only to instructors or to other people in the course.
Always check your KU email account for email messages sent to you from Blackboard and for official communications from the university.
For more information about Blackboard Email, select from the following:
Send Blackboard Email
- On the left course menu click Send Email if it appears. Other options: on the left course menu click Student Tools then Send Email; click your name in the upper right corner to expand the Global Navigation Menu, select Tools, Send Email, click the course name. If the instructor has disabled email for the course you will not see these options.
- On the Select Users or Select Groups page, select the recipients in the Available to Select box and click the right-pointing arrow to move them into the Selected box. A back arrow is available to move a user out of the recipient list. Click Invert Selection and the selected users are no longer highlighted and those users that were not selected will be highlighted.
- Type your Subject.
- Type your Message. A copy of the message is sent to the sender. A receipt page appears after the message is sent listing all recipients. The receipt page does not confirm that users received the message. It only confirms that the message was sent.
- Click Attach a File to browse for files from your computer. You can attach multiple files. After you add one file, the option to attach another file appears.
- Click Submit.
Send Blackboard Email to Instructors via Qwickly in MyBlackboard
Check Blackboard Email
- Go to the Outlook Web App ». [View screenshot]
- Enter your KU Online user name and password.
- Select This is a public or shared computer if you are not using your own computer to access the web app.
- Click Sign in.
Additionally, you can configure your personal devices and email clients to access your KU Outlook account. For more information visit KU's Email Overview ».
Source: Blackboard Help »