Non-KU User Account
If you are granted access to a Blackboard course but do not have a user account in KU's system then you will be given a username that contains an underscore (for example: _mjones16). This user account gives access to the KU Lawrence Blackboard system only.
For more information about Non-KU User Accounts, select from the following:
Log in with a Non-KU User Account
- Go to https://courseware.ku.edu .
- Click Special User.
- Type the username (example: _ab1234) in the USERNAME box.
- Type the password in the PASSWORD box.
- Click Login.
- Contact your Sponsor. This will be the person who sent you the original username and password.
- If the username/password needs to be reset, the Sponsor is the person who will need to request this by contacting KU IT Educational Technology at email@example.com or 785-864-2600.