The notification system alerts you when events occur in your courses, such as when items are due, grades are available, new content and tests are made available, and when you have unread discussions and blogs. Notifications are generated automatically whenever the associated events occur.
For more information about Notifications, select from the following:
You can customize the notification settings for all of the courses you are enrolled in. Click your name in the upper right to expand the Global Navigation Menu, select Tools and then select Edit Notifications Settings.
- Edit General Settings: Select your email format — individual messages for each notification or daily digest — and the reminder schedule for due dates.
- Bulk Edit Notification Settings: Change the notification settings for all of your courses at once. You can select which notification types you want to receive and the method of delivery.
- Edit Individual Course Settings: Change the notification settings for a single course.
The general settings enable you to specify whether you want to receive notifications by email and if you want due date reminders.
- From the Global Navigation Menu, select Tools and then select Edit Notifications Settings.
- On the Edit Notification Settings page, click Edit General Settings.
- On the General Settings page, you can choose to receive an email for each notification or a daily digest email that compiles all of the notifications for that day.
- Individual Messages: Emails are sent for each notification. The exception to this is that the digest selection is necessary for email notifications for unread discussion board messages, unread blog posts, and unread journal entries.
- Daily Email Digest: All notifications are collected and sent once per day at a time set by your institution.
- Select Yes to set due date reminders for notifications. Set the number of days before the due date you want to be notified. This email reminder is sent as a digest email or as individual emails, depending upon the option you select.
- Click Submit.
You can select which notification types you receive and the methods used to deliver them to you.
- From the Global Navigation Menu, select Tools and then select Edit Notification Settings.
- On the Edit Notification Settings page, select the link for Courses I am taking to change notification settings for all courses at once.
Alternatively, you can make selections for individual courses by selecting a course name under Edit Individual Course Settings. The Current Notification Settings page appears and provides the same options.
- Under Settings, select how your notifications are delivered by selecting the check box at the top of a column or by selecting check boxes for individual tools or features. Remove the check mark for any notification that you do not wish to receive.
- Dashboard - By default, all notification types appear in My Blackboard's Updates and Posts pages and in course home pages.
- Email - Email notification messages are sent to the email address displayed in Notification Destinations on this page.
- Mobile - Select which push notifications you want to appear on your mobile device. Push notifications appear on your device's screen without having to open the Blackboard app.
- After making your notification selections, click Submit.
Email and mobile notifications are turned off by default. If you wish to receive notifications in these ways, you need to select them.
NOTE: For the following items, you can select email notifications only if daily digest email is selected in Edit General Settings. If you have not selected daily digest email, the selection box for these items is not available.
- Unread discussion board messages
- Unread blog posts
- Unread journal entries
Source: Blackboard Help »