New Blackboard courses have a set of default tools and course menu buttons. You can customize your course by adding buttons and making selected Blackboard features available or unavailable to your students. If you choose to add a Student Tools button you can use the information below to select what features are accessible to your students on that page.
For more information about creating left course menu buttons, please see Navigation Buttons.
For more information about Tool Availability, select from the following:
Make Tools Available or Unavailable
- Go to the Control Panel and click Customization.
- Choose Tool Availability.
- Check the checkbox to make a tool available in this course or uncheck to remove access to it in this course.
- Some tools, such as Announcements, have additional options for visibility. You can choose to make this tool visible to Guests.
- Tool settings that appear as a circle with a line through it cannot be changed.
- After making your selections, select the Submit button to complete.
Add a Tool Button to the Course Menu for Students
For a tool that you plan to use frequently, making a course menu button provides easy access for students.
- Click the Plus Sign (+ button) in the top left area of the course menu and choose Tool Link to add a course menu button.
- Type in the Name (required). This is the name that will appear on the button.
- Select the Tool from the drop down list.
- Check the Available to Users box.
- Click Submit.
Source: Blackboard Help »